A free messaging app that can send pictures and more
KakaoTalk is a great way to enjoy free calls and text with over 150,000,000 users in Southeast Asia and beyond!
This app gives you just about everything you could ever want in a chat app – except video calls. Beyond that though, the app boasts an organizer with push notification reminders to keep you on task, scheduling functions, text chat and voice calling, and even mobile games you can play with your friends.
KakaoTalk isn’t just a mobile app either; you can login on multiple devices (PC, phone, tablet) and have all of your conversations and pictures synced with one another.
One gripe many users have had is the fact that some of the mobile games don’t have full English translations. Most games are very intuitive though and you won’t need to be able to read Korean to understand how to play.
Aside from some minor translation issues, KakaoTalk is a great way to keep in touch, find new friends and find your way through Asia. So if you either live in or want to visit Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia or many other Asian countries, KakaoTalk is a must!
- Used Daily by Over 150 Million People! With over 150 million registered users this app is the best way to keep in touch with old friends and meet new people across Southeast Asia.
- All-in-One Organizer, Scheduler, and Chat Why just chat when you can get access to free voice calling, a full-featured organizer, scheduler, mobile games and more?
- Sync and Switch Between Phone, Tablet and PC Instantly This app will instantly synch between the mobile and PC version, so you never have to miss a beat.
- Some Kakao Mobile Games Aren’t Available in English Most features are fully translated, but some games might be missing English and other language translations.
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
• New profile status
- Add a countdown on your profile.
• Updates to the Boards
- Announce a post, or mention members when uploading a post.
- Add or remove photos/videos you have added in a post.
- Long-tap a photo/video/file message to announce them.
- Members will be notified when there is a new announcement.
- View poll status at a glance
• Draw images from the image editor
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECEIVE_SMS: Allows an application to receive SMS messages.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- SEND_SMS: Allows an application to send SMS messages.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- BROADCAST_STICKY: Allows an application to broadcast sticky intents. These are broadcasts whose data is held by the system after being finished, so that clients can quickly retrieve that data without having to wait for the next broadcast.
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to change network connectivity state.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- REORDER_TASKS: Allows an application to change the Z-order of tasks.
- RESTART_PACKAGES: This constant was deprecated in API level 8. The restartPackage(String) API is no longer supported.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- USE_FINGERPRINT: Allows an app to use fingerprint hardware.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.